September 26, 2011

Let us be elegant or die!

Elegance is not in the shoes you meticulously choose every morning, the crimson shade of lipstick you delicately paint onto your lips, or the couture gown you wear to the gala at the Metropolitan Opera House. It is so much more: an air, an aura of refinement, grace, style, and poise. It can't be bought at any store, from Payless to Prada. Elegance will take no bribes... and although the stores will hate me for saying this, elegance cannot be manufactured. There is no one size fits all. The bag the latest celebrity is sporting won't give you lasting confidence, and that is so fundamental to true elegance. 
Elegance is a state of the heart and mind. There have been countless times I have noticed beautiful women, sophisticated ones, even stylish ones. Yet so few women possess unforgettable, ingenious elegance. It doesn't work its way from the outside in; elegance radiates from the heart. It is respect of oneself and others.... 
Elegant women aren't prancing through every single bar at 2 am, baring all for the world to see; they respect themselves more than that. They aren't sticking up their noses at everyone else, taking pride in their sparkling Louboutins or Prada bag, laughing over their colleague's dress from H&M. They respect others more than that. 
Elegance comes from rooting your identity in Christ; confidence in who God created you to be: Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30 Elegance consists of so much more than designer labels, high end boyfriends, and Jimmy Choos; true elegance comes from the depths of your soul.

7 comments:

Lady Kara said...

Hi Southern Belle,

Well said. I couldn't agree more. Knowing you are a child of the King gives you the confidence to put your best foot forward, without the worldly arrogance that's so widespread today.

God bless,

Lady Kara

Vicki said...

Lovely post.(: I completely agree with you.

And that picture is so pretty! I love her hair! ^^

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

What a lovely post! It's true: we often forget just how much of our elegance depends on our attitude, our manners, and our morality. It's hard to always remember that, but it's worth the effort.

~ Victoria {http://raindropsandmoonlight.blogspot.com}

Camilla said...

Hello from the UK! I have been reading your posts for a while now and feel so inspired by you! I love your confidence to state your beliefs even though so many people will disagree with you! As a Christian I think its so important that we glorify God through everything we do, including how we dress, so I love this idea of commenting on style from a Godly perspective. I agree with thist post on elegance 100%.

I know you haven't posted for a while now and I'm sure you have good reasons for that, but I love your posts and it would be great to see more! Vintage style is just so beautiful. Thanks :)

www.shefallsupstairs.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

I just followed your blog, and I have to say it's just gorgeous! :)

Analiese said...

I'm your newest follower and am loving your blog! Please check mine out: http://littlethings-analiese.blogspot.com. :D

Yubbie Akpan said...

I love this post. It is wonderful and inspiring. www.youngospel1.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...