June 29, 2011

A Dash of Wisdom ♥

What could be more beautiful than a dear old lady growing wise with age? Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it. ~Brigitte Bardot
Women get more unhappy the more they try and liberate themselves. ~Brigitte Bardot
Beauty and femininity are ageless and can't be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won't like this, cannot be manufactured. Not real glamour; its based on femininity. ~Marilyn Monroe
I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one. ~Marilyn Monroe
I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made. ~Marilyn Monroe
She was the girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And thats important -- you know. ~Marilyn Monroe
"This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about." ~Marilyn Monroe
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets. ~Marilyn Monroe
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.~Marilyn Monroe
I was always thought to be "stuck-up". I wasn't. I was just sure of myself. This is and always has been an unforgivable quality to the unsure. ~ Bette Davis

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start observing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering -- because you can't take it all in at once. ~Audrey Hepburn
I am an introvert... I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky. ~Audrey Hepburn

You can always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. ~Audrey Hepburn

Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick with it. ~Audrey Hepburn
On a different note, I have a facebook fan page now!! Very exciting development, non? I suppose I am doing this a bit early on in my blogging career, but hey, why put off until tomorrow what you can do today? If you want to make my day, you can just hop on over there and fan this blog's page! Thank you, sweetheart 
~Southern Belle

14 comments:

Kels said...

I loved all of those quotes. Especially the one's by Marilyn Monroe. I love her! Thanks so much for posting these, I really needed to hear a couple of them. :)

Congrats on the FB page, if I had one I would "like" you! :)

Have a wonderful day!! xxxx~Kelsey

Elizabeth said...

Lovely post! I adore that last dress...SO BEAUTIFUL! I would totally wear it as I am slightly obsessed with lace right now! :)

That's cool that you have a FB page! Unfortunately I don't have an account...otherwise I would be a fan :)

Southern Belle said...

Thanks! I am so glad you were encouraged... and Kels, I really like Marilyn Monroe too. Although I do not like a lot of the things she did :P

Claudia Paola said...

Such beautiful women; I loved all the quotes too, especially the last Audrey Hepburn one.

Unknown said...

I just saw your bathing suit poll on the sidebar. I clicked *other*. I wear a rash guard and bathing suit shorts (visited three stores before finding ones long enough for me!)

Megan said...

I loved reading all of these beautiful quotes from several beautiful women!! Especially the ones about accepting ourselves as we age! Nothing wrong with some wrinkles that show we had TONS of great laughs!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Great quotes! Thanks for sharing!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

I absolutely adore all of these quotes -- and the images are great :)

So glad I stumbled across your blog!

Anonymous said...

I clicked "other" on the swimsuit poll. I wear a bikini.

Anonymous said...

I totally "fell in love" with each of these lovely quotes. Great pictures as well. :)

I love your blog! It's very feminine and pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

This is such a neat blog. I'm glad I found your link! I will be sharing your blog with some of my younger, more fashionable friends ...I know they will love it!

Lady Kara said...

Hello Southern Belle,

I have just discovered your blog through Wildflower Cottage, a good friend of mine.:^) Needless to say, I love it and have joined. You've done a wonderful job. Please feel free to visit my blog.

God bless,

Lady Kara

Tora said...

I like some of these but honestly? Brigette's quote totally contradicts using her, Liz, and Marilyn on your site. those women were famous for their immodesty and being "liberating" with their clothing and attitudes. Also, that gif of Liz is very unwomanly IMO, makes me think of a dominatrix or a feminazi. I like most of these though and totally agree with Brigitte's quote.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and I like it very much. I hope you will continue with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...